Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
* Augmented Reality Content Developer Intern *
The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) in Cambridge, MA is part of Fraunhofer USA, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit contract R&D organization, affiliated with Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe's largest contract R&D group. Fraunhofer CSE's interdisciplinary R&D team is dedicated to serving the applied research needs of the sustainable energy industry, helping established industry players and startup companies alike develop clean energy technologies from the laboratory to the production line. The Center has active development projects in the areas of energy efficient building, photovoltaic module, and grid impact of renewable energy technologies.
Was Sie mitbringen
Preferred Experience and Education:
Was Sie erwarten können
- High level of experience working with 3D modeling and animation software: 3D Studio Max, Maya, Solidworks, etc.
- Experience working with video editing software such as After Effects
- High rendering quality capability for photo-realistic images and animations
- Experience with exporting models and animations for use in Augmented Reality applications
- Experience working with interactive game engines such as Unity3d
- Excellent academic record in Computer Science at level 400 classes
- Knowledge of new media technologies: Augmented Reality, Natural User Interface, Wikitude, Mobile Platforms, Windows Azure
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility and work both independently and with a team
About the Building Technology Showcase Project:
Currently Fraunhofer CSE is in the process of retrofitting a historic building in Boston, Massachusetts and turning it into a living laboratory – showcasing all the latest clean energy technologies and becoming CSE’s new headquarters. http://cse.fraunhofer.org/5cc/
Within this building, CSE will be creating an Interactive Lobby Showcase which will include the use of cutting edge technologies such as: Hand gesturing recognition software, facial recognition software, eye tracking, 3-D televisions without glasses, visible light communication, and Augmented Reality. CSE’s goal is to use these technologies as both an attraction piece, as well as a teaching instrument to educate individuals about sustainable energy systems.
About the Position:
Fraunhofer CSE is looking for an intern to help develop content for an Augmented Reality mobile application. This application will be used to allow individuals to see the inner workings of our new headquarters. Users will be able to look through walls to see insulation, HVAC, electrical wiring, etc. Users will be able to look through floors to the mechanical systems in the floor below, and be able to see forces invisible to the human eye such as heat, energy, and moisture flow.
- Will work with a team to develop 2D and 3D content for an Augmented Reality mobile application to be implemented into the Lobby Showcase on the first floor of CSE’s new headquarters
- Will be responsible for providing application programmers with compatible content to be integrated into mobile iOS or android devices
- Will work directly with programmers to integrate new models, animations, videos, etc into an AR application
- Will be looking to push the boundaries with AR technology in regard to content, connection, and user interface
- Will be heavily involved in the design and development of the AR exhibit to be featured in the Lobby Showcase
For additional information please view our website at http://cse.fraunhofer.org.
Please apply through the career page on our website at http://cse.fraunhofer.org/jobs---careers/ Fraunhofer CSE is an equal employment opportunity organization.