LifeGlimmer GmbH – translating science to the public. We are a dynamic SME based in Berlin. We analyse, visualise and model data, focusing on the life sciences and systems biology. We contribute to understand disease and optimise treatments. Our business activities comprise contract research, consulting and training. To support our highly motivated international team we are looking for a
(signalling/metabolic pathways analysis)
You will work decipher signalling and metabolic pathways in the context of host-microbe interactions. Signalling pathways underlie many major responses in a cell, but a significant part of regulatory mechanisms related to human diseases and overproduction of industrially valuable compounds remain unclear. For example, defects in signalling network can lead to impaired immune defence in patients, leading to lower quality of life or increase in mortality rate. You should be familiar with signalling and metabolic mechanisms that have been well studied in the literature and be able to identify new mechanisms based on experiment results. It is also important to be able to advise about design of experiments for further validation upon analysis of gene and protein expression data.
- MSc/PhD degree in computational biology, bio(techno)logy or related field;
- Experience in analysing eukaryotic / prokaryotic gene and protein expression data as well as interpretation of their biological implications;
- Knowledge of common methods of functional genomics;
- Experience in validating signalling and/or metabolic regulation analysis results in collaboration with wet-lab scientists;
- Experience in supervising others in a project or collaborative work;
- Enthusiasm for communication with other scientists, clinicians, and also the lay public;
- Fluent English proficiency.
- A full time position
- A competitive salary
- Participation in advanced training
- Flexible working hours
- Work in a multicultural team with flat hierarchies
Please send your application including statement of interest, earliest possible starting date, CV and certificates to: email@example.com.