WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is the leading private business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. On WHU’s two
campuses in Vallendar (near Koblenz) and Düsseldorf, faculty, students, and staff enjoy working in a stimulating international environment. The organizational culture combines
an entrepreneurial attitude and international orientation with a strong sense of community and a high commitment to excellence.
WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control invites applications for the position of
Doctoral Student / Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the area of
Management Accounting and Control
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar, starting any time.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and relevance to business practice. Under the joint directorship of Prof. Marko Reimer and Prof. Utz Schäffer, the Institute of Management Accounting and Control is an integral part of WHU and a leading think tank in the area of management accounting and control.
- Receive extensive academic support to complete an excellent doctoral thesis in the intellectually stimulating environment of Europe’s #1 doctoral program in management accounting.
- Do research from day 1 and benefit from the close interaction with our faculty, international guests, and other doctoral students.
- Join a strong team with a unique culture: a passion for our field, teamwork and constant learning, open dialogue, and the power of a better argument are key!
- Benefit from our close ties to leading companies and unrivalled data access: we are Germany’s #1 think tank in the area of management accounting & control.
- Participate in a broad range of complementary courses and seminars as well as doctoral colloquia and international conferences.
- Become part of our great academic family with successful alumni in research and practice!
- Flexible working conditions possible!
This is what our research agenda is all about:
- How will digitalization and artificial intelligence change finance & controlling?
- How can you make sure that companies walk their environmental and social talk?
- How can companies make performance management more flexible and adaptive?
- How can CFOs and controllers make a difference in the corporate transformation process?
The specific topic of your dissertation will be chosen in consultation with your supervisors and we are happy to discuss any thoughts and ideas on the above mentioned research questions that you might have. However, please note that you are not required to apply with a well-elaborated research proposal!
You will need...
- a strong interest in the above-mentioned research areas,
- superior analytical skills and a high degree of curiosity,
- a high level of perseverance and energy,
- a very good master-level university degree,
- and excellent English language skills.
All members of the WHU community work together to continuously develop WHU as one of the leading business schools in Europe. Do you want to become part of this vision? Come join our team!
Please send your CV, supporting documents, and letter of motivation via email to: