Doctoral candidate (chercheur en formation doctorale) in the field of cultural science oriented Border Studies
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education:
Doctoral Candidate (M/F) (chercheur en formation doctorale)
in the field of cultural science oriented Border Studies (kulturwissenschaftliche Border Studies)
- Ref. F3-50010075
- Full-time, 40 hrs/week
- 14 months fixed-term contract (renewable up to a total of 36 months maximum)
- Student status
The successful candidate will be based in the research unit IPSE – Identités, Politiques, Sociétés, Espaces, working within the crossborder research network UniGR-Center for Border Studies. Under the supervision of Dr. Christian Wille, the candidate will have the opportunity to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of cultural science oriented Border Studies (kulturwissenschaftliche Border Studies) integrating migration/mobility issues, a praxeological approach and related to European border regions.
- Prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of cultural science oriented Border Studies (kulturwissenschaftliche Border Studies);
- Participate to the IPSE Doctoral School
- Assist in teaching activities (max. two hours per week);
- Assist in the management of UniGR-Center for Border Studies‘ activities (projects, conferences, meetings, public relations).
For further inquiries please contact Dr. Christian Wille by Email (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outstanding Master degree in a cultural studies oriented discipline;
- First experiences in research projects would be an advantage;
- Excellent command of French and German.
- An attractive salary;
- A multilingual, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- An interdisciplinary doctoral school providing conceptual, methodological and transferable skills.
- A supportive academic community via the crossborder research network UniGR-Center for Border Studies.
- Letter of motivation,
- Copy of diplomas and other relevant certificates,
- Synopsis of the PhD project (max. 5 pages + max. 1 page bibliography),
- The names and contact details of two referees.
Please upload your complete application ONLINE in French or German by 15 January 2017.
The successful candidate should be able to take up the position by 1st May 2016 (preferred starting date).
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.