The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - (HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de
investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based
antibiotics. The Department of Infection Biology invites applications for a
Doctoral Researcher (Infection Biology)
for two years initially.
Successful candidates will investigate the field Complement Genetics in Renal and Retinal Diseases. Main topics of the project are
- Identification of Genetic Mutations of Complement Genes in Renal and Retinal Disease C3 Glomerulopathy, HUS and AMD
- Next Generation Sequencing for Genetic Diagnostics
- Functional characterization of CFHR1, CFHR3 and CFHR5 proteins
For further details please see literature below
- Master degree in biology, genetics or life sciences.
- Experience, knowledge and good experimental skills in molecular biology, genetic, biochemistry are an advantage.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). The HKI is committed to increase the
percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
Peter Zipfel | +49 3641 532 1300 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete applications in English or German should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a complete list of publications,
brief statement of research experiences, a list of three potential references, full academic record (copies of degree certificates),
and should be submitted by 16.12.2016
- Chen Q, Manzke M, Hartmann A, Büttner M, Amann K, Pauly D, Wiesener M, Skerka C, Zipfel PF (2016)
CFHR5-Hybrid Proteins Anchor Properdin and Activate Complement at Self-Surfaces. J Am Soc Nephrol, in press
- Chen Q, Wiesener M, Eberhardt HU, Hartmann A, Uzonyi B, Kirschfink M, Amann K, Büttner M, Goodship T, Hugo C,
Skerka C, Zipfel PF (2014) Complement factor H related hybrid protein deregulates complement in dense deposit disease. J Clin Invest 124, 145-155.
- Zipfel PF, Skerka C, Chen Q, Wiech T, Goodship T, Johnson S, Fremeaux-Bacchi V, Nester C, de Córdoba SR, Noris M,
Pickering M, Smith R (2015) The role of Complement in C3 Glomerulopathy. Mol Immunol 67(1):21-30
- Zipfel PF, Skerka C (2009) Complement regulators and inhibitory proteins. Nat Rev Immunol 9, 729-740.