The German Institute for Development Evaluation (Deutsches Evaluierungsinstitut der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit;
DEval) conducts independent evaluations of German development cooperation. It engages in international cooperation
with research institutes and other evaluation institutions with the objective to contribute to evidence-based
decision-making in the policy-field and to the national and international debates on aid effectiveness.
DEval’s Department Evaluation I (Official Development Cooperation, Governance) is seeking an
Evaluator (m/f) to lead an empirical study on Partner Perceptions of German Development Cooperation
The position may be filled as of July 2017 and is limited two years.
The candidate will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and publication of an empirical study on partner
perceptions of German development cooperation in low- and middle-income countries. The evaluative study builds on the joint
study by DEval and AidData "German Aid from a Partner Perspective" and will be conducted in close collaboration with an
international partner (AidData).
- Professional responsibility for undertaking the evaluation in close coordination with the department head and the international co-operation
partner, in particular development and implementation of the research design, collection and analysis of primary and secondary data and stakeholder management
- Design, implementation and interpretation of a quantitative analysis of a large dataset based on the AidData 2016 Reform Efforts Survey
in collaboration with the international co-operation partner
- Conceptual design and implementation of several case studies to support the quantitative analysis with qualitative data
- Main responsibility for preparing the evaluation report together with the international co-operation partner
What we offer:
- University degree in political science, economics or other social sciences (e. g. Master or Diploma)
- At least three years of relevant work experience and experience leading teams and/or evaluation/research projects
- Experience in designing and conducting complex evaluations or research projects
- Proven knowledge and experience in the application of quantitative and qualitative methods of empirical social research
- Expertise in the field of international develpopment cooperation, in particular good knowledge of the institutions, instruments and procedures of German developmental cooperation
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of German; proficiency in other common languages is of added value
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong social and cross-cultural competence
- Willingness and aptness to frequently travel abroad, including countries with a tropical climate ("Tropentauglichkeit")
- Employment according to German public service tariff (TVöD EG 14) if the chosen candidate’s personal status and job description meet the requirements
- A fixed-term work contract for two years
- Attractive social benefits such as company pension scheme and subsidized job ticket
- Flexible working hours
- A responsible and interesting position in an international and team-oriented working environment
The position is suitable for part-time in principle. The DEval guarantees equal opportunities for women and men. As DEval is
committed to increasing the share of female staff members in senior positions, women are particularly encouraged to apply.
In the case of equal qualification, physically challenged persons will be given preference.
You are interested in this position? Then please apply online via INTERAMT
) with the Job-ID 382168 /reference number 2017_II_028
After your registration at Interamt you will be able to upload your application including all necessary documents (motivation
letter in English or German, CV, relevant certificates). Please do not send applications by mail or e-mail.
Closing date for applications is the 14th of May 2017.
If you have any questions regarding your application please contact Johanna Behrendt on +49-0228-336907-929.