Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) in Boston, USA is looking for a Fellow in the area of Distributed Electrical Energy Systems to assist in Fraunhofer CSE’s efforts in distributed generation controllers for power electronics and power systems. The Smart Grid Fellow will report to the Distributed Electrical Energy Systems group leader. The individual will assist in expanding the group capabilities in the electrical energy system field, and learn about the exciting opportunities in this area.
We seek a talented individual with a strong background in electronics, software development, testing, power systems, systems engineering, or distributed control. The Fellow will be a key part of a dynamic team that shares a commitment to engineering excellence, combined with an excitement about sustainable energy technology. Your tasks are
- Assist in the development and testing of integrated electronic/software
- Develop test fixtures for laboratory and field testing of grid-connected renewables
- Characterize experimental systems
- Assist in the design and experimentation of distributed electrical energy systems activities at Fraunhofer CSE, including renewables, energy storage, demand management, and Microgrids
- Participate in contract research activity for commercial and government clients
- Implement and test control schemes in various software environments
- Document research results, and present in seminars
- Learn about the Smart Grid industry, and technical approaches to important energy problems
Internship about: Distributed Electrical Energy Systems
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor’s Degree in EE
- Tamwork, ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently
- good MS-Office-Skills-Strong background in one or more of the following areas: electronics design and testing; power electronics or power systems; embedded software development; or testing and instrumentation-Interest in PV and other grid interactive distributed generation technologies
- good written and spoken Englisch knowledge, Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to apply and how, in your opinion, the skills you would develop from this Internship would help you achieve your next career step.
- The internship must be specified in the study regulations
Die monatliche Arbeitszeit beträgt 160 Stunden.
Fragen zu dieser Position beantwortet gerne:
To apply for the position, please click on the following link: http://www.hirebridge.com/v3/jobs/list.aspx?cid=6608&jobcat=
. If you have any question after submitting your application, please send them to email@example.com.