Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Start: August or later - Offices: Berlin - fulltime - min. 3 months
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Support the administration and organisation of the Language School: administrative and project related tasks
- Data managing and monitoring
- Contacts with partners and course providers
- Contacts with students
- Co-manage the Language School student support email account
- Support in community management and partnership work
Your set of skills:
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive & have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You have language “background” as language studies or teaching experience
- You have very good organisational and communication skills
- You are fluent in English and are used to the MS Office Package
- You are a team player and can work independently
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- Insight into the development of the Language School dynamics in a social start-up
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte and flexible working hours
Check our website for more information. Please send your application including cover letter, CV and earliest starting date in English or German with the subject “Internship Language School” to:
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we only offer mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships for enrolled students (“Orientierungspraktikum”) .