Start your mission with DLR.
The German Aerospace Center DLR has a dual mandate as the national research center for aeronautics and space, and as the space agency of the
German federal government. Approximately 8,000 people work for DLR on a uniquely diverse range of topics spanning the fields of aeronautics,
space, energy, transport and security research. They collaborate on projects extending from fundamental research to the development of the
innovative applications and products of the future. If the idea of joining a top-class team of researchers working in a supportive, inspirational
environment appeals to you, then why not launch your mission with us?
For our German Trainee Programme (GTP) in cooperation with ESA Headquarters, Paris, France, we wish to recruit a
Master in Sciences or Engineering
Future Launchers Preparatory Programme
Have you (almost) completed your degree studies? Are you inspired by space exploration and keen to pursue a career in this exciting field?
If so, perhaps you should take a closer look at the German Trainee Programme. Organised by DLR, it offers you the chance to work shoulder
to shoulder with experts from the 22 member states of ESA - keeping your finger on the pulse of Europe’s space programmes. Over a period
up to 24 months, you will actively contribute to the latest research and/or technology projects. This is complemented by a generous scholarship.
What better way to launch your career in international space business? The next GTP commences on 1 February 2018
This is your opportunity to join the team at ESA Headquarters, Paris, France
GTP-2018-STS-FF - Future Launchers Preparatory Programme
In the Future Launchers Preparatory Programme (FLPP), the Flagship and Integrated Demonstrator team is in charge of promoting and managing rocket
technology demonstrators up to the stage of testing, with various industrial partners all across Europe, the trainee will choose a subject among:
1. optimisation of the project management rules, taking account of the specificities of big demonstrator technology projects, as a key to their robust, fast and cost-efficient execution
2. deep survey of rocket game changing technology activities worldwide, with a special focus on the projects aiming at very low cost and reusability
Joining the team of FLPP, you will:
Please apply by 6 September 2017.
- define with your tutor the targets and major steps of your work relevant to rocket technology assessment, follow-up and management
- work with a large degree of autonomy, accessing inputs as per relevance and possibility
- present a progress status every 2 months
- applicants should detain Basics of and motivation for project management
- German citizenship is absolutely necessary
- applicants should have just completed (conclusion not older than two years) or be in their final year of a university course at Master’s level in a relevant technical or scientific discipline
- candidates must be fluent in English or French, the official languages of the agency
If you have any questions concerning specific aspects of the job, please contact Larissa Seidlez firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find further information on this vacancy with the reference number GTP-2018-STS-FF, and details regarding the
application procedure, at