Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Entgeltgruppe 2100 Euro after tax.
A number of Ph.D. scholarships are available associated with the Matter project beginning July 2017. Funded by the VILLUM Foundation and directed by Prof. Jeppe C. Dyre, Matter is an integrated part of the Glass and Time center (http://glass.ruc.dk) at Roskilde University’s Department of Science and Environment (Denmark). Over the coming years the project will employ seven Ph.D. students, six two-year postdocs, and three research professors.
The overall purpose of Matter is to determine the range of validity of the isomorph theory for the structure and dynamics of liquids and solids with hidden scale invariance, see, e.g., J. Phys. Chem. B 118, 10007 (2014) or J. Phys.: Cond. Mat. 28, 323001 (2016).
One Ph.D. scholarship begins October 1, 2017, or soon thereafter, the next two begin January 1, 2018, or soon thereafter. We invite applications relating to one of the following six research topics (for more details, please refer to http://glass.ruc.dk/Matter_scholarships_2017.pdf )
1) Physical aging [Experiments, possibly also simulations] – Studying changes in materialproperties due to molecular rearrangements and comparing to isomorph-theory predictions.
2) Isomorph jumps [Experiments, possibly also simulations] – Studying the predictedinstantaneous equilibration upon jumps in the phase diagram along isochrones.
3) Coarse-graining [Simulations and theory] – Extending isomorph theory to molecules withinternal motion and other systems without strong virial potential-energy correlations.
4) Equations of state and quasiuniversality [Simulations and theory] – Establishing pVTrelations going into the gas phase.
5) 1/d expansion [Theory, possibly also simulations] – Developing a systematic expansionmoving from high dimensions to three.
6) Quantum systems [Theory, possibly also simulations] – Investigating the consequences ofhidden scale invariance for quantum phenomena in matter.
We are looking for ambitious and open-minded persons with a master’s degree in physics or a related field. The successful applicant has also strong mathematics skills and enjoys the close interaction between theory, simulation, and experiment that is emphasized in the Glass and Time center. For further information you are welcome to contact Prof. Dyre at email@example.com .
Employment is regulated by an agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Central Organization of the Academics; thus Ph.D. students have the same rights, formal working hours, vacation, etc., as others in the workforce.
Roskilde University welcomes applications from candidates of any social and ethnic backgrounds irrespective of gender, age, religion or any other irrelevant criteria.
Application must be submitted via Roskilde University’s website https://ruc.dk/en/phd-scholarships-roskilde-university . Deadline: September 1, 2017.
Science and Environment
Prof. Jeppe Dyre