The Department of Photovoltaics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institute of Physics, at the Technische Universität Ilmenau is looking for a
PhD Positions (75%) in experimental physics
as soon as possible for a duration of 3 years. The salary will be paid in accordance with the applicable tariff and personal requirements of the "Entgeltgruppe E13 TV-L".
The department is one of the leading groups in the analysis of semiconductor interfaces and the development of a low-defect integration of high-performance III-V compound semiconductors with low-cost Si substrates for highly efficient solar energy conversion and optoelectronics. The position is part of a third-party project in which III-V / Si structures are prepared by metalorganic vapor deposition and characterized in terms of their atomic and electronic interface structure. To this end, we offer a unique infrastructure that includes epitaxy, in-situ spectroscopy, and in-vacuo analytics. The department is a member of the cross-faculty Institute of Micro- and Nanotechnologies offering further high-end analytics equipment and expertise. Active participation of the Ph.D. student in teaching is desired.
Besides its excellent campus, Ilmenau is a small, vivid, and affordable student city. Located virtually in the center of Germany, it is surrounded by the beautiful nature of the "Thüringer Wald" being famous for outdoor activities.
Independent and team-oriented development of basic and application-oriented research results within one or more of the following research areas:
• Physics and chemistry of solid-solid interfaces,
• Preparation and epitaxial growth of semiconductor films,
• Interface analysis in ultra-high vacuum with XPS, UPS, FTIR, LEED, STM, ... ,
• Optical in-situ spectroscopy,
• Photoelectron spectroscopy with synchrotron radiation.
The applicant should:
• hold a suitable scientific degree in a natural science programme with documented above-average perfor-mance,
• have very good knowledge in semiconductor physics, epitaxy, optical spectroscopy or interfacial analysis, and
• show strong interest, commitment, good teamwork and experimental skills.
Disabled persons with the same qualifications, aptitude and professional qualifications have priority in recruitment.
Applications including the usual documents (letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and refer-ences) should be sent to you by
October 12th, 2018 under the name: 94/2018 to
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.