BERLIN INSTITUTE OF HEALTH (BIH)
invites applications for:
PhD Students / Postdoctoral Researchers
IN BIOINFORMATICS/COMPUTATIONAL GENOMICS
The Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) is a biomedical research institution focusing on translational research and precision medicine. BIH is dedicated to improving the prediction in progressive diseases and developing new medicinal products for advanced therapies in order to improve patients' quality of life. The institute is committed to providing excellent research solutions and innovation enabling value-based, personalized healthcare. Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin and Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) are independent, member entities within BIH.
We seek a motivated postdoctoral researcher and/or a PhD student in computational genomics who will join the Kehr research group. The group specializes in method development for the analysis of high-throughput sequencing data with a focus on human structural variation. Our aim is to advance the abilities to reliably detect and accurately genotype all types of structural variation by combining algorithmic and statistical approaches. The ultimate goal is to apply our methods to clinical data.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement novel computational methods for large-scale detection of germline structural variation in sequence data
- Explore the integration of new data types (e.g. long reads, linked reads) into such methods
- Apply these methods to whole-genome sequencing data sets
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- PhD/Master‘s degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, or a related field
- Knowledge of sequence analysis algorithms
- Proficiency in a programming language such as C++, Java or Python
- Strong interest in working with genomic data
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
- Salary according to German E13 TVöD/Bund
- An interdisciplinary research environment in the center of Berlin
The BIH is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
For further information about the BIH and Kehr research group please visit our website www.bihealth.org
. For enquiries about the position please contact Dr. Birte Kehr, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted to the Email email@example.com
indicating Application Kehr Lab
, including curriculum vitae, list of publications, and up to 3 reference letters. Please submit your application as one file, pdf format, maximum size 8 Mb.