The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) conducts excellent research in a broad range of
fields related to horticultural sciences in order to promote the sustainable production of vegetable and ornamental crops.
Our group is interested to unravel the molecular mechanisms of how plants interact with their environment.
In order to strengthen our activities to investigate the SnRK1 low-energy signaling pathway in plants on
the molecular level we invite applications for a
Post-Doc in “Plant Signal Transduction/Nutrient Signaling„
Reference Number: 07/2017/1
to join our lab at the earliest possible date. The employment will be initially for two years.
The salary will be based on qualification and research experience according to the wage agreement TV-L, salary domain east, up to EG 13 (100% of the regular working time).
The successful post-holder is expected to use molecular genetics and genomics approaches to decipher the mechanisms of SnRK1 signaling in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with
- indentification and functional characterization of novel components of SnRK1 signaling
- analysis of in vivo protein-protein interactions using biochemical and cell biology methods
- generation of transgenic Arabidopsis and tobacco plants, in vitro plant cultivation
- gene expression profiling by RNA Seq and down-stream data analysis
- producing publication quality research results while working independently and as a team member
- supervision of bachelor and master students
- an excellent PhD in plant biology or related fields with a strong emphasis on molecular and cellular biology
- expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry, especially in RT-qPCR, protein kinase assays, Y2H assays, BiFC, CO-IP, and transient expression techniques
- a proven experience in genomics and basic high/throughput data analysis methods
- knowledge in the generation and in vitro propagation of transgenic plants
- excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written)
- an inspiring and dynamic research environment, including state-of-the art research facilities
- an exciting project of considerable fundamental and applied relevance
- a place of employment located close to the city of Berlin
Please send a strong motivation letter stating why this is an interesting topic for you and why you have the right
attitude and expertise to make progress in this field. Also send your CV, copies of highschool and academic
certificates, names of two references and indicate your earliest possible starting date.
Contact: Prof. Frederik Börnke (++49(0)33701 78 219; email@example.com
). Further information can also be found in
recent publications from our lab (e.g. Nietzsche et al., (2016) Current Plant Biology 5: 36; Nukarinen et al., (2016)
Scientific Reports 6: 31697; Nietzsche et al., (2014) Frontiers in Plant Science 5: 25).
IGZ is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be employed preferentially.
Please send your application citing the reference number by 27th of March 2017 to: Personalbüro, Institute for
Vegetable and Ornamental Crops, Theodor-Echtermeyer-Weg 1, D-14979 Großbeeren or online in pdf-format to