The University Hospital Duesseldorf (UKD) and its sub-companies, with around 8.000 employees, are one of the largest employers in Duesseldorf and constantly improving. Due to our dimensions, excellent infrastructure and close connection to research and education, we offer a broad spectrum of tasks which ensures a versatile working life. This is why we seek highly motivated people who see a personal challenge in change processes and will strengthen our team.
The CURE3D Lab (3D Cardiovascular Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering)
of the Department of Cardiac Surgery is looking for a
Post-doctoral Scientist (m/f/d)/ Young Group Leader
The position is awarded initially for two years. This is a full-time (38.5 hrs. /week) qualification position taking into account the WissZeitVG (§ 2 Abs. 1).
As part of the Department of Cardiac Surgery, the CURE 3D is in the privileged position of collecting fresh human tissue samples daily, use them for research and preserve them for future projects. For the biobank, which has grown over the last ten years, we are looking for a motivated scientist who will use these samples to answer scientific questions and take responsibility for managing and optimizing the future use of the biobank and the use of samples by external collaboration partners.
As a Post-doctoral scientist at the CURE3D Lab, with a focus on cardiovascular regenerative medicine, your tasks will include:
- Independent project planning
- Head of the biobank team
- Organization and optimization of the biobanking processes
- Applications for third-party funding
- Support the implementation of projects in collaboration with external research groups
- In case of professional and personal qualifications, the leadership of your scientific group will be encouraged
- Completed studies and PhD degree in the field of life sciences
- Knowledge and experienced application of basic methods in biomedical research (Western blotting, RT-qPCR, Cell culture, Histology/IHC) are desirable
- Independent and liable scientific project management in the bioinformatic analysis of large-scale data sets (OMICs)
- Experience in the building and administration of databases would be beneficial
- Experience with “R” or Python machine learning and AI would be beneficial
- Experience in a scientific leading position would be an advantage
- full time (38,5 hrs/week) position
- expected benefits of public sector employment
- value money catering options
- Funding for conferences, additional training and research activities
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UKD employees
- Daycare facility for children
- Employee housing
The contact person for questions about the job profile is Dr. rer. nat. Elvira Weber (Elvira.firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel.: 0211-81-19919) and PD Dr. Hug Aubin (Hug.Aubin@med.uni-duesseldorf.de; Tel.: 0211-81-18331).
The University of Duesseldorf is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially. We also welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status (SGB IX).
Salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector. The Employment contract will be with the University of Duesseldorf.
With the transmission of your application documents, you agree that they become the property of University Clinic Duesseldorf (UKD) and will not be sent back to you for cost-efficiency reasons.
Part-time employment is possible.
Applications should be submitted within two weeks of the release of this offer, preferably by email to:
D 01.2.1 – reference number: 85E/23
Moorenstr. 5, 40225 Düsseldorf