The SRH Hochschule Berlin is a private, state-recognized university, accredited by
the German Council of Science and Humanities. People from more than 75 nations
study and teach here. The university provides and expects a high standard in studies,
instruction and research by combining theory and practical experience in newly
developed programs. These are offered both in German and English at Bachelor‘s,
Master‘s and MBA level. The university pays particular attention to active contribution
by students and maintains partnerships with many foreign universities and well-known
German and multinational companies.
We are one of ten SRH Universities with a total of 12.000 students.
We are looking for a Postdoc or PhD with focus on empirical social science and
consumer research (part-time, up to three years) for an empirical legal studies / law
and economics research project funded by the DFG (German Research Foundation).
- Conduct the empirical research within the project “The ABC of Online Disclosure
Duties: Towards Better Informed Consumers“, funded by the DFG (German Research
Foundation) and conducted in cooperation with the faculty of law at the University
- Engage in joint scientific research together with the project leaders. Thereby employ
qualitative (expert interviews, grounded theory) and quantitative research methods
(meta-analysis, survey research, experiments)
- Regularly present intermediate research results at international workshops and
conferences, and publish them together with the project leaders in proceedings and
- Contribute to the research of other team members in the project, mainly by regularly
sharing research findings
- Participate in the organization of research activities and events, such as conferences,
workshops and joint publications
- For further information on your tasks, please contact Prof. Dr. Alexander Wulf
- A completed PhD or Master degree in a relevant social science discipline, e.g.
business or marketing studies, economics, sociology, psychology, communication
studies, statistics, etc.
- Demonstrable research interest in empirical research, preferably with a focus on
- Ideally, the successful candidate will also have some knowledge of legal, empirical
legal or law and economics research
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of German is a plus
- Interest in interdisciplinary research and ability to work in a team
The Postdoc‘s / PhD‘s appointment will be originally for the period of one year.
The beginning of the appointment is flexible, but should not take place much later than
20th October 2016. Extension of the contract for another two years is intended
but subject to satisfactory performance in the first year.
We offer employees the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge empirical research
together with a team of international experts in an innovative and modern
environment. We support equal opportunities. Interested parties with a disability
are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your questions will be answered by:
Prof. Dr. Alexander Wulf (Professor of Business Law)
Fon +49 (0) 30 374374-502
Join our team and send us your application including the
corresponding reference number HSBE16-19-5 by
4th October 2016, late applications may be considered.
SRH Hochschule Berlin
Prof. Dr. Victoria Büsch | President
Ernst-Reuter-Platz 10 | 10587 Berlin