AI & Data Science Fellowship Program
, a cooperation between the University of Tübingen, one of thirteen German
universities distinguished as excellent under the German government’s initiative and Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the leading pharmaceutical companies, is currently looking for a
Postdoctoral Research Fellow – AI & Data Science
(f/m/d; E13 TV-L, 100 %)
to work on cutting-edge and exciting AI & data science research topics that generate real added value for human and animal healthcare.
The initial fixed-term contract will start as soon as possible
and has a duration of 2 years
with possible extension.
About the project
The position is available within the “Multi-modal deep learning for biomarker discovery in mass spectrometry imaging data” project. In this research project, we aim at developing and applying machine learning methods, to associate mass spectrometry imaging data with clinical phenotypes to discover novel small molecule tissue biomarkers with characteristic spatial tissue distribution.
As a Postdoc, you will be hosted in the research group led by
Prof. Manfred Claassen
and collaborate with Dr. Vladimir Lekic, Central Data Science, and Dr. Michael Becker, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, of Boehringer Ingelheim.
- PhD in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or a closely related field.
- A proven track record in machine learning using deep learning techniques, including designing new architectures, hands-on experimentation, analysis, and visualization.
- Strong programming skills in Python and C++, coupled with knowledge and experience in computer vision and machine learning frameworks, such as OpenCV, TensorFlow or PyTorch, and CUDA.
- A passion for applying ML research to real world problems.
- research experience relevant for the position, a proven track record of publications, or contributions to machine learning codebases
- scientific knowledge of biology, chemistry, or physics
- experience working with biological or chemical data and biological or chemistry software
- experience working with real-world datasets
- experience in any of the following: large scale deep learning, generative models, deep learning for drug discovery, graph neural networks
We are offering you an exciting research position at a highly renowned university, in a welcoming, interdisciplinary and agile team which is well-connected across institutes internationally. Prof. Claassen is committed to ensuring you the possibility to conduct research with a high amount of autonomy, a collegial work atmosphere and ongoing career mentoring.
We provide remuneration in accordance with the TV-L (collective agreement for public employees of the German federal states) as well as all corresponding benefits, e.g., extensive visa and onboarding assistance, 30 days/year of paid vacation, flexible working hours, discounted public transportation, etc.
We value diversity in science, and particularly look forward to receiving applications from women, non-binary people, and researchers from underrepresented groups across cultures, genders, ethnicities, and lifestyles. We actively promote the compatibility of science, work, studies, family life and care work. In case of equal qualification and experience, physically challenged applicants are given preference.
How to apply
Please send your application (including motivation letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, representative publications, academic references, and links to publicly available code examples (e.g., GitHub, OSF, etc.) as a single PDF to Prof. Dr. Manfred Claassen:
Application deadline: March 20th, 2023.