With more than 25 departments and 13 institutes (1,150 beds), the University Medical Center Ulm is a leading
health care provider in southwest germany. We provide inpatient treatment to about 44,000 patients each year.
Our outpatient cases amount to approximately 60,000. We attach great importance to qualified employees who
ensure extremely high quality in the treatment of our patients by the use of the latest scientific knowledge
and who enjoy their work.
The University Medical Center Ulm, Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is offering a
Postdoctoral Scientist Position
in the field of Trauma and Immunoregulation to be filled immediately.
The topic to be investigated is:
"The role of myeloid-derived suppressor cells in "
The project is part of the Collaborative Research Center "Danger Response, Disturbance Factors and Regenerative
Potential after Acute Trauma" (SFB 1149) of Ulm University. Our laboratory is interested in the immunoregulatory
functions of MDSCs, a population of immature myeloid cells suppressing innate and adaptive immune responses. The project
will elucidate on cellular and molecular levels whether and how MDSCs change the immune response after traumatic injuries,
such as blunt chest trauma and femur osteotomy. Ultimately, the aim is to determine whether interference with MDSC development
is a possible therapeutic option after trauma induction.
- PhD degree / master degree in Biology, Molecular Medicine or Biochemistry
- Strong interest and experience in cellular immunology
- Willingness to perform mouse experiments is essential
- Work flexibility and the ability to perform research in a team
- Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills in written and spoken English
Are you interested?
Contact details: Prof. Dr. Gudrun Strauß, Email:
- The opportunity to work in a highly motivated and friendly team
- Experience in advanced immunological techniques, including multiparameter flow cytometry, T cell immunity, animal models and cell transfer studies
- Opportunity to attend international congresses
- Salary according to TV-L
Applications including CV, certificates and contact data of two referees should be emailed as a single PDF until March 31st to Prof. Dr. Gudrun Strauß.
The Position is to be filled at the earliest possible convenience.
Level of employment: 38,5h
Employment takes place through the administration department of the University Medical Center Ulm, which acts in the
name and on behalf of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be
employed preferentially. In general, full-time positions are divisible. A subsequent employment is possible.