Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
Das Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE ist das größte Solarforschungsinstitut Europas. Mit unseren derzeit rund 1.100 Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeitern betreiben wir anwendungsorientierte Forschung für die technische Nutzung der Solarenergie und entwickeln Materialien, Systeme und Verfahren für eine nachhaltige Energieversorgung.
Für unsere Gruppe „Building Energy Systems“ suchen wir zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt für einen Zeitraum von mindestens 6 Monaten eine/n Studentin/en für ein
Praktikum zum Thema: Behavior Science / Human Factors / Social Computation Research
The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE in Boston, MA, is looking for a Fellow to join the Building Energy Systems group, working with our Behavioral Scientist. The Fellowship will provide opportunities to evaluate and understand the attitudes and perceptions of individuals related to the adoption more sustainable behaviors renewable energy sources by designing, conducting, and evaluating surveys, focus groups, and structured interviews. The Fellow should feel comfortable with handling and analyzing data using both quantitative and qualitative methods. Prospective candidates should enjoy engaging with an international team at work and have the ability to engage with target participants of different backgrounds. The Fellowship may involve moderate levels of travel to and from field test sites within the U.S.
In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to apply and how, in your opinion, the skills you would develop from this Fellowship would help you achieve your next career step.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of Individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
About Fraunhofer CSE:The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE in Boston, MA, is a leading applied contract research and development laboratory supporting our society with the transition to a sustainable energy future. We invent and develop technologies that remove barriers to the large-scale commercialization of sustainable energy technologies. Fraunhofer CSE is part of Fraunhofer USA, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit contract R&D organization, affiliated with Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe's leading contract R&D group. Our interdisciplinary R&D team is dedicated to serving the applied research needs of the sustainable energy industry, helping established industry players and startup companies alike develop clean energy technologies from the laboratory to the production line. The Center has active development projects in the areas of energy efficient buildings, photovoltaic technologies, and grid impact of renewable energy technologies.
- Learn about and participate in the design and deployment of field experiments designed to promote the adoption of sustainable behaviors, habits, and lifestyles
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of field experiments to gain experience in: design, engagement, interview, development of survey instruments, analysis and reporting
- Learn about and help design surveys, as well as laboratory (e.g., focus group interview) and field tests to evaluate the effectiveness of different types of energy-use feedback devices from a human factors perspective
- Learn about and assist in data collection and data analysis, as well as helping to prepare results for publication or client reports
- The Fellow will also have the opportunity to acquire practical research experience through the interaction with clients and other organizationsWas Sie mitbringen
- An excellent academic record in experimental psychology, social computation or similar field
- Curiosity about energy consumption and its impact on the environment; experience in conducting statistical data analysis
- Teamfähigkeit, good interpersonal skills; ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently; interest in conducting research
- Gute MS-Office-Kenntnisse
- Gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift, (good verbal and written communication skills)
- An understanding of human factors research methods is a plus; going the extra mile to support the team’s research projects
Die Vergütung erfolgt außertariflich.
If you have any questions after submitting your application, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the position, please click on the following link: https://hubs.ly/H09_8Zb0
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme