Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
Was Sie erwartet
The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) is looking for a Fellow to join its Building Enclosures and Materials Group to contribute to its research activities. This is an opportunity to work with one of the world's leading research groups to analyze the performance of advanced building enclosure systems and materials. You’ll be a key part of a dynamic team based in Boston, Massachusetts working on advanced building enclosure technologies and thermal insulations. Fellowship positions typically last for 6 months, but longer durations can also be accommodated. Many interns go on to find successful employment because of the practical experience acquired at Fraunhofer CSE. This is an ongoing requirement and we encourage applications.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of Individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
About Fraunhofer CSE:The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE is an applied research and development laboratory dedicated to building tomorrow’s energy future today. Our staff’s expertise in solar photovoltaics, smart energy-efficient buildings, and grid technologies provides a platform for deeply integrating distributed energy resources through collaborative R&D with private companies, government entities, and academic institutions. Fraunhofer CSE is one of seven centers of Fraunhofer USA, a 501(c)(3) non-profit contract R&D organization, a subsidiary of Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe's largest contract R&D organization.
- Work with the building enclosure team on projects focused on high performance building enclosure systems and materials
- Participate in laboratory and field experiments with use of innovative building enclosure systems and materials
- Assist with data analysis including determination of heat flows, temperature profiles, energy consumption, moisture content, and thermal comfort conditions
- Learn how to analyze and evaluate the whole building energy impact of advanced building envelope concepts
- Learn how to test and analyze durability and long term performance of materials used in buildings
Praktikum zum Thema: Building Science and Materials Research
- An excellent academic record in a relevant discipline (e.g., Building Science, Architectural Engineering, Material Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering)
- Experience in laboratory work- Good understanding of material science as well as thermal and/or hygrothermal analysis
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently
- Going the extra mile to support the team’s research projects
- gute MS-Office-Kenntnisse
- gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift, -Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to apply and how, in your opinion, the skills you would develop from this Fellowship would help you achieve your next career step
Die monatliche Arbeitszeit beträgt 160 Stunden.
Die Vergütung erfolgt außertariflich. Kontakt:
Bitte richten Sie Ihre Bewerbung mit allen wichtigen Unterlagen unter Angabe der Kennziffer an:
To apply for the position, please click on the following link: http://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=6608&jid=437261&locvalue=1082#.WKcrshDATdg.
Fragen zu dieser Position beantwortet gerne:
If you have any questions after submitting your application, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.