Located in the heart of the German capital, the state-recognized
German International University (GIU)
) opens its doors to attracting global talents and opportunities. The GIU expands its campus in Berlin-Tegel as a hub for education and research cooperation with German and international partners in science and industry and to develop innovative courses of study and research. The language of instruction is English.
Faculty of Management and Economic Sciences
invites applications for the following position effective September 2023 (or later). Appointments are possible also for 50% of the working time.
Research is expected to address areas such as financial modeling, investment, risk management, banking, mergers & acquisitions, risk analysis, risk management in banking & Insurance, risk management models, financial markets and risks, market & credit risk management, and financial technologies (FinTech).
The appointed professor should support teaching activities by taking responsibilities of courses such as Portfolio Management, Derivatives and Banking Management. She/he will participate in teaching, research, supervision and administrative duties. The professor will establish a research group and actively promote graduate and undergraduate research at the GIU Berlin and engage in research collaboration and joint supervision with partner universities.
- PhD or doctoral degree from a recognized university
- Compliance with §100 of the Berlin Law on Higher Education
- Excellent scientific achievements, documented by internationally recognized publications
- Track record of collaborative research and successful supervision
- Excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a study program
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications, teaching evaluation, projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Inquiries and applications are to be sent to
(kindly state the job title in the subject).
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled
. For immediate consideration, submit applications until 31st of March 2023.
For more information, please visit