WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management is a privately funded business
school based in Vallendar/Koblenz and in Düsseldorf. It is a leading business
school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools
in Europe. WHU’s academic degree programs and executive education programs
provide excellent educational opportunities for every career stage.
The school is accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, and FIBAA. WHU has a network
of around 200 partner universities worldwide, including a joint Executive MBA
program with Kellogg School of Management.
WHU’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group is seeking applications for the
Professor (m/f) of Entrepreneurship and
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar starting in January 2018 or later.
Academic Environment at WHU
The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group consists of international junior
and senior scholars and is dedicated to excellence in research and teaching.
The faculty members publish research on a variety of topics such as technology
management, family firm entrepreneurship, new product development, IP
management, innovation, start-ups and sports management in leading international
management, entrepreneurship, and innovation journals.
- Publishing high-quality research in the area of entrepreneurship or related fields.
- Teaching in WHU’s programs (in English), especially in the Master of
- Contributing to the development of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group as
well as WHU at large.
- Establishing and fostering networks with technology and science-driven
institutions and organizations.
- Candidates must have a relevant Ph.D. degree or equivalent academic
qualification (e.g., experience as Assistant Professor). We encourage candidates
to apply that have additional qualifications in technology-related fields such as
engineering, or natural sciences.
- We expect excellence in research through an outstanding publication record in
international peer-reviewed academic journals and a strong research pipeline in
the field of entrepreneurship or related fields.
- We further value a proven track record of outstanding teaching at all levels.
While an excellent command of English is necessary, knowledge of German is
- A profound background in or experience with technology or science is desirable.
Salary is competitive at an international level and depends on the candidate’s
qualification. The offered package includes a generous research budget, research
assistants, and administrative assistance.
WHU is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from international
For informal inquiries about the position, please contact the Speaker of the
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group, Professor Nadine Kammerlander
Please submit your detailed application documents and publication list, indicating
your five most relevant publications, via e-mail by August 31, 2017 to: