WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management is a privately funded business
school based in Vallendar/Koblenz and in Düsseldorf. It is a leading business
school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools
The school is accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, and FIBAA. WHU has a network
of around 200 partner universities worldwide, including a joint Executive MBA
program with Kellogg School of Management.
WHU’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group is seeking applications for the
Professor (m/f) of Entrepreneurship and
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar starting in January 2018 or later.
Academic Environment at WHU
The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group consists of international junior and senior scholars and is dedicated to excellence in research and teaching. The faculty members publish research on a variety of topics such as technology management, new product development, innovation and IP management, entrepreneurship, corporate transformation and family business in leading international management, entrepreneurship, and innovation journals.
- Publishing high-quality research in the area of entrepreneurship, technological change and transformation, diffusion and commercialization of novel technologies and innovations, technological and digital disruption.
- Teaching in WHU’s programs (in English), especially in the Master of
- Contributing to the development of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group as
well as WHU at large.
- Establishing and fostering networks with technology and science-driven
institutions and organizations.
- Candidates must have a relevant Ph.D. degree or equivalent academic qualification (e.g., experience as Assistant Professor in the entrepreneurship or innovation field). We encourage candidates to apply that have additional qualifications or experience in technology-related fields.
- We expect excellence in research through an outstanding publication record in international peer-reviewed academic journals such as those of the FT50 list and a strong research pipeline targeted at publication in top international journals.
- We further value a proven track record of outstanding teaching at all levels.
While an excellent command of English is necessary, knowledge of German is
Salary is competitive at an international level and depends on the candidate’s
qualification. The offered package includes a generous research budget, research
assistants, and administrative assistance.
WHU is an equal opportunity employer.
For informal inquiries about the position, please contact the Speaker of the
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group, Professor Nadine Kammerlander
Please submit your detailed application documents and publication list, indicating
your five most relevant publications, via e-mail by August 31, 2017 to: