Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) invites applications for the following position in the School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics:
IN THE FIELD OF
NETWORKED CYBER-PHYSICAL SYSTEMS
Ref. No. P2304
TUHH is looking for applicants to represent Networked Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) in research and teaching. Qualified applicants are expected to have an excellent international track record in fundamental research as well as a strong interest in interdisciplinary collaborations with engineering working groups at TUHH. We particularly welcome applications from scientists with a research focus preferably but not necessarily limited to one or more of the following topics:
- Distributed systems and distributed algorithms for networked CPS
- Edge and fog computing for CPS
- Networked CPS for smart systems, the Internet of Things, and other application areas
- Real-time, time-sensitive and/or resilient networks and protocols for CPS communication
- Novel aspects such as network technology integrating sensing and energy-efficiency aspects
- Cross-layer management of networked CPS
As the head of the future Institute of Networked CPS, the successful candidate is expected to offer courses in Computer Science, Computer Science in Engineering, Data Science, and Information and Communication Systems both at the undergraduate and graduate level, and to engage in the further development of the curricula offered by TUHH. Specifically, basic courses on computer and communication networks and distributed systems will fall under the responsibility of the institute. Courses are taught in English and German; for non-German speakers, a willingness to learn German is expected.
This professorship is due to commence in the winter term 2023/2024.
For the full job posting with information on teaching, gender equality, hiring requirements, and a link to the application portal, please visit