W 2 Hochschulprofessur 50 %:
University Professorship in fashion design specialized in sustainability
im Angestelltenverhältnis (Kennziffer 007)
Lehrverpflichtung : 9 LVS
Vertretung des o.g. Fachgebietes in Lehre und angewandter Forschung
Einstellungsvoraussetzungen: gem. § 100 BerlHG
The ESMOD Berlin - International Art University for Fashion - seeks to appoint the following Professor, commencing with the Winter Semester 2016/17
for our Master’s programme "Sustainability in Fashion"
W 2 50% University Professorship in fashion design specialized in sustainability
We are looking for a visionary profile with a strong desire to deliver and transmit knowledge, who can contribute to rethink product development
and strategic approach in the area of fashion design and sustainability, with a particular focus on the development of sustainable design strategies,
social responsibility, circular economy, critical design etc.
We wish to strengthen our educational profile through an enhancement of our research and educational competencies within the area of sustainable
fashion design, and to strengthen our network and cooperation’s - nationally as well as internationally.
We are an educational institution established in Germany in 1989 and rooted in a strong international network of schools and universities all
over the world, specialized in fashion education. Since 2011 we provide a Bachelor of Arts in fashion design, and the same year our MA of arts
in sustainability in fashion was initiated.
About the professorship:
The professorship will be an integrated and fundamental part of our MA program "sustainability in Fashion".
Your tasks will include:
- Applied teaching of the above-named area of specialization and guiding students, educational development and planning hereof,
as well as administrative assignments that would occur within this context.
- Research and/or artistic work within sustainable fashion design, in cooperation with relevant external institutions, companies, nationally and internationally.
- Visionary and productive teamwork in the foundation of future research and development projects at our educational institution.
Furthermore it is an expectation of you to participate in interdisciplinary collaborations of teaching and research in cooperation with the BA program, to contribute with new content and the development of interdisciplinary teaching at our institution.
- Outstanding abilities in experimental/innovative and project oriented approach to design and sustainability
- Demonstrated specialist and applied knowledge and experience in sustainable design methodologies
- Relevant experience of the design process grounded in the contemporary art and design discourse
- Incisive signature style and familiarity with different approaches to design conception
- Experience of teaching, preferably at university level
- High level of proficiency of both German and English
Applications with the usual attachments (Curriculum Vitae, degrees, certificates, publication history, list of teaching positions,
current or intended research plans, research collaborations and funded projects, details of industry collaborations,
founded companies, details of familiarity with academic administration, of international teaching and professional experience and knowledge
of English) should be sent, specifying the reference number (007), to the following
address by the 10th October 2016
Görlitzer Straße 51, 10997 Berlin
Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
The ESMOD Berlin particularly encourages applications from women.
Applications from people with a migration background are explicitly desired.