Aber schauen Sie sich doch gerne ähnliche Stellen an, denn academics bietet die größte Auswahl an Stellenangeboten und Jobs in Wissenschaft, Forschung und Entwicklung. Um regelmäßigper E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Newcastle University have always focused on academic excellence and the impact of our academic work. Today, these long-held ideals are more relevant than ever. They define our vision for the University – the kind of university we wish to be.
We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality.
We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success. We welcome staff from across the globe
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To assist with the research of the European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant CASCAde.
CASCAde (Confidentiality-Preserving Security Assurance) is an ambitious project to establish the capacity to certify complex data structures and system topologies, such that their security properties can be proven in zero-knowledge.
The RA position aims at developing new digital signature primitives to certify graph data structures as well as efficient protocols to prove their properties to verifiers in zero-knowledge.
1. Leading cryptography research within the ERC research project.
2. Playing a leading role in dissemination of cryptography and security research, including publications to first tier conferences and leading journals
3. Working with local, national and international partners of the ERC Grant to develop efficient cryptographic primitives for graph signatures.
4. Contributing to system development for building an effective framework for the certification of complex data structures and system topologies.
5. Contributing to the supervision and undertaking day-to-day management of postgraduate students at Newcastle University’s School of Computing.
6. Leading and contributing to new cryptography and security project funding applications.
7. Initiating and developing research collaborations on behalf of the ERC Grant.
8. Contributing to the coordination of the School of Computing, Secure &Resilient Systems Research Group and the Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research.
9. Contributing to University, School of Computing, the Secure & Resilient Systems research group, and Centre’s public engagement activities (including School and University open days).
Knowledge (inc. qualifications)
• PhD or equivalent (or close to completion) in cryptography and its applications with very strong cryptography and protocol development skills.
• Internationally recognized expert in cryptography and its applications (indicated through outstanding track record), with particular expertise in (a combination of) digital signatures schemes, zero-knowledge proofs of knowledge, or attribute-based credentials
Skills (professional, technical, managerial, practical)
• Very strong cryptography skills
• Strong protocol and software development skills
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience and Achievements (paid or unpaid)
• International outstanding research and/or practice outputs in cryptography and its applications.
• Having strong interests of system and cloud security
• Strong cryptography experience in attribute-based credentials and related proof systems, authenticated data structures or applicable multiparty computation.
• Experience with the Camenisch-Lysyanskaya signature scheme or related signature schemes and proof systems.
• Familiarity with trusted computing platforms and attestation.
• Experience in working in interdisciplinary environments.
• Track record of delivering cryptography systems for real-world applications • Significant experience of project management and team leadership.
Please apply online at www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies and search for D87573R
NE4 5TG Newcastle upon Tyne (England)