For over ten years, Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences
in the Lower Rhine region of Germany has provided an innovative, interdisciplinary and international education to young minds from around the world. We offer a total of 36 undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in four multidisciplinary faculties: Technology and Bionics, Life Sciences, Society and Economics, and Communication and Environment. Our scientifically-oriented degree programmes combine an applied academic approach with a broad international scope into a high-quality education that emphasises teaching and research with real-world relevance. 75 % of our degree programmes are taught in English as well. Over 7,300 students from 122 different countries are currently pursuing their degree in our uniquely international and intercultural campus community. International collaboration is a strength of ours, seen and felt in our network of over 90 partner universities in 38 countries. Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is not only connected to the larger world, but also deeply rooted in its Dutch-German EUREGIO home as well.
In the SUFACHAIN project, 18 partners from Germany and Central Asia cooperate to develop new approaches to promoting agroforestry production systems and value chains in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Project results aim to improve the profitability of agroforestry systems and thus create additional incentives for their adoption. This helps reduce soil erosion, soil degradation and deforestation in Central Asia, while at the same time creating business opportunities and added value for local SMEs and improving the livelihoods of local populations. The tasks are associated with the possibility that you use the activity for your own further scientific qualification (doctorate/post-doc phase) and publish the results in English in scientific journals.
Join our team and help strengthen our university in the Faculty of Life Sciences, Kleve Campus, at the earliest possible date as a
Research Associate / Doctoral student in the international research project "SUFACHAIN", WP5: Valorization of environmental and socio-economic services of the agroforestry value chain
German TV-L pay scale level EG 13 | initially fixed-term contract for 3 years (subject to project approval) according to § 2 Abs. 2 WissZeitVG | part-time with an average of 25.89 weekly hours (65 %)
Reference Number 11/F2/22
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Designing the research approach and conduct the research work within the project
- Cooperating closely with the European and Central Asian companies, universities and research partners involved in the project for data collection and data analysis
- Presenting research results at workshops and conferences and publish results in national and international academic journals
- Supervising Bachelor and Master theses on topics related to the project
- Supporting project management and reporting activities
- Supporting the organization and implementation of project workshops
- Assisting in the acquisition of additional third-party funding
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- An above-average university degree (Master or equivalent) in agricultural, environmental or business economics or a related discipline
- Analytical and conceptual skills, familiarity with inferential statistical methods and quantitative simulations, including relevant software
- Practical experience with methods of empirical social research
- Strong motivation to conduct and publish high-quality academic research
- Work experience in the agribusiness, development or academic sector in Central Asia is of advantage
- High autonomy, responsibility and team spirit
- Very good English and German language skills, Russian language skills are an advantage
Diversity | Internationality | Certified as a family-friendly university | Mobile working as well as home office | University sports | Active break | Collegial, open working atmosphere | Exciting and varied range of tasks | Personal responsibility and creative freedom | opportunities for personal and professional development
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is committed to the professional development and advancement of women. Female candidates are expressly welcomed and encouraged to apply. In accordance with the Gender Equality Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz NRW), in cases of equal suitability, aptitude and professional experience, female candidates shall be given preferential consideration over male candidates for vacancies in areas with proportionally fewer female employees, provided there are no specific, overriding reasons for giving preference to a specific male candidate.
In the event of equal suitability, preferential consideration will also be given to disabled candidates or candidates recognised as such by virtue of Section 2 (3) of the German Code of Social Law, Book IX (SGB IX).
Please submit your application through the following link www.hochschule-rhein-waal.de/en/vacancies
and add the usual application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, diplomas, job references, proof of qualifications and, if applicable, proof of severe disability) in a single PDF file.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION BY NO LATER THAN 20.07.2022
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Ms Jäger at Tel. +49 2821 80673-654.