Technical University Munich
TUM School of Management
Center for Digital Transformation
Professorship for Operations Management
Prof. Dr. G. P. Kiesmüller
Research Fellow (PhD Candidate) (m/f/d)
(Pay Group 13 TV-L, Full Time Position)
The Professorship of Operations Management (Prof. Dr. G. P. Kiesmüller
) at the TUM Campus Heilbronn is looking for a research assistant (PhD student) (m/f/d) for a limited period of 36 months and for the next possible date. The possibility of a doctorate is given and desired. The research orientation of the professorship is characterized by the application of operations research methods or machine learning for the analysis and solution of problems in the field of operations management. Currently, research projects in the areas of "Approximate Dynamic Programming for the Planning of Service Engineers" or "Deep Reinforcement Learning for Inventory Management" are underway.
The TUM campus in Heilbronn is characterized by innovative approaches and a strong focus on digital transformation. As part of the renowned Technical University of Munich, the TUM School of Management teaches and researches at the interface of management and modern technologies. The TUM School of Management has been awarded the three international accreditations AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS.
We are Looking for Knowledge-hungry Team Players...
- The possibility of a structured doctorate at one of the most renowned universities in Germany
- An excellent working atmosphere in a dynamic and success-oriented team,
- The opportunity for national and international cooperation,
- The opportunity to visit national and international conferences,
- The chance to experience and shape exciting research projects.
- with above-average university degrees
- from the fields of business administration, economics, business informatics, industrial engineering, business mathematics, computer science, mathematics
- with very good knowledge in the field of (stochastic) operations research
- with knowledge in the field of machine learning or willing to learn more about it,
- with very good knowledge of English,
- with software and programming skills,
- who enjoy research and teaching.
We look forward to receiving your application with relevant documents (cover letter, resume, academic transcripts, internship/work references, if applicable) as a single PDF document by e-mail,
quoting the keyword "Operations Management
", to firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 28, 2023
. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Charlotte Koch
TUM strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly encourages applications from qualified women. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference. The position can also be filled on a part-time basis. Employment is on a salaried basis, depending on qualifications, with remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L E13).
process pursuant to Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR) at
. By submitting your application, you confirm to have read and understood the data protection information provided by TUM.
Find out more about us at mgt.tum.de