The WZB Berlin Social Science Center is offering a position for a
research fellow (post-doc)
at the Center for Global Constitutionalism headed by Professor Dr. Mattias Kumm. The position is to be filled full-time (currently 39 weekly hours), preferably starting on Nov. 1, 2017, for the period of three years.
The successful applicant will also be the Managing Editor of Global Constitutionalism, a leading Cambridge University Press Journal in the field.
- research on comparative, European or international constitutional law or the history and theory of constitutionalism within the research program of the Center of Global Constitutionalism
- serving as Managing Editor of Global Constitutionalism - Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law (CUP), esp. managing the online submission process, correspondence with authors, editors, CUP etc.
- excellent Doctoral degree preferably in Law, alternatively in Political Science or Political Philosophy
- background and research orientation in themes related to Global Constitutionalism
- international research experience
- ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- good time- and self-management
- structured working approach
- good communication skills
In accordance with German Public Service Collective Agreement Pay Scale we offer pay group up to TVöD EG 14, depending on qualifications, experience and specific allocation of tasks.
Equally well-qualified disabled persons will be given preference.
The WZB expressly invites women and people with an immigrant background to apply.
Candidates are kindly requested to submit an application - in English or German - with a cover letter, CV, list of publications, copies of relevant certificates and two letters of recommendation as well as a one- to three-page outline of their research proposals in electronic format (preferably one pdf only, no more than two pdf files!) by 12th September 2017
für Sozialforschung gGmbH
Reichpietschufer 50, 10785 Berlin