Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
You will be part of the Synapses and Circuits section of the Neuroscience department located in Basel. The team investigates brain circuits responsible for neurodevelopmental and psychiatric disorders. We are looking for a student who will investigate the brain circuits interacting with the basal ganglia in relation to autism and schizophrenia in rodent models. The student will learn to use cutting-edge circuit dissection technology to manipulate prefrontal and limbic circuits while simultaneously recording electrophysiological signals from striatal regions.
In this position you will:
- Master surgical skills for the implantation of recording devices allowing for the monitoring of intra-cerebral electrophysiology
- Conduct behavioral assessments, immune-histochemical analysis
- Support in-vivo activities such as behavioral optogenetics and electrophysiology
- Analyze, discuss and present experimental findings at lab meetings
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Your career interests are in Biology/ Neurobiology/Neuroscience, you are motivated to learn new techniques to explore molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying neurodevelopmental and psychiatric disorders.
Moreover you are/have:
- Enrolled student in a Master program with a focus on neuroscience
- Interested in expanding your experience and in being exposed to neuroscience research in a world leading pharmaceutical company
- A pro-active knowledge sharer with excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in English
- Practical research experience in in-vivo experiments and animal handling (FELASA B/LTK1 equivalent before start of internship)
The start date of the Internship is upon availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred start date and duration of the Internship in your cover letter.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche
+41 61 68 78765