Re-think the way we fly. In an international think tank, at the highest professional level.
With experts from various disciplines that come together in fascinating ways. Ready to always improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten path, constantly asking questions – and thereby challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day. In a young, modern working environment with open ears and doors.
That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Our benefits package encompasses a family-friendly flexitime agreement, an attractive salary package in the public tariff system with company pension provision and a range of health programmes.
- You will prepare a thesis about a sub-element of an existing transport simulation framework (MATSim), which has been extended to simulate Urban Air Mobility, such as passenger pooling algorithms, infrastructure capacity modelling, or simulation scenario creation
- Conjointly, we will define your specific Master topic along your interests within the field of Urban Air Mobility modelling and will independently familiarize yourself with the topics of relevant data gathering, manipulation, and analysis
- Based on a structured literature review, you will identify and execute suitable approaches to creating implementation for your topic
- You will compare current research findings critically with your proposed algorithm(s) and test your implementation(s) on use cases
- You are a student in Computer Science, Transport Modelling or a related field
- You are already familiar with writing seminar/term papers or theses
- You are proficient in programming Java
- You enjoy learning or advancing skills, as you will be using version control, geographic information, and scientific document preparation systems
- Reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are a proficient user of the English language
Bauhaus Luftfahrt e.V.
Economics and Transportation