Fraunhofer-Institut für Experimentelles Software Engineering
Studentische Hilfskraft (Hiwi) oder Master Thesis "Big Data for Software Quality Management in Rapid Software Development"
The Data Engineering Department at Fraunhofer IESE is currently doing research on the problems of integrating data both structured and unstructured in a complementary way, in order to provide more valuable information about the current state and future trends to decision makers. Decision makers could be product managers in a software company, deciding on how to plan a release of a software product. Specifically, the Q-Rapids European H2020 project (http://www.q-rapids.eu/
) aims to systematically assess the level of software quality during development and at runtime. By assessing the level of software quality, managers in agile/rapid software development projects would be supported in the strategic planning of quality requirements to reach a compromise between business goals (e.g., time-to-market, and new delivered features) and the level of software quality (e.g., security, performance, scalability, and maintainability).
The idea of this work is to:
- Study potential tools containing data about quality issues (e.g., data about development, project, software use, and behaviour).
- Integrate at least two of these tools or frameworks into the Q-Rapids platform.
- Analyze the collected data to provide information about quality issues to managers.
Based on this work it should be possible to better focus on open research aspects for future work or new project proposals.
Software Engineering, Software Quality, Rapid/Agile Software Development, Big Data Type
Theory (30%); Implementation (70%)Ihre Voraussetzungen:
- Interest in learning tools for software quality (e.g., SonarQube)
- Previous programming experience to integrate tools into the Q-Rapids platform
- Interest in learning Big Data open source technologies to collect and analyze data (e.g., Apache Spark)
As soon as possible
Fragen zu dieser Position beantwortet gerne:Kontakt:
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Jedlitschka: email@example.com
Dr. Silverio Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org