Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
Reference number: 11312
The Computational Physics Group at the Faculty of Physics invites applications for a postdoc position in the group of Prof. Christos Likos. The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in a broad field covering aspects of coarse-graining approaches (theory and simulation) in Soft Matter Physics. Emphasis is put on equilibrium, glass and dynamical properties of colloidal suspensions and polymer solutions of various architectures. The position also includes an obligation to participate in teaching activities of the Faculty. Although teaching in English is possible, knowledge of German is welcome. Duration of the contract: 6 years
- Participation in research, teaching and administration
- Lead participation in externally funded research projects of the Likos Group (EU, national funding agency)
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Presentation of research activities at international conferences
- Publications of research papers
- Assistance in organization of conferences, meetings and symposiums
- PhD in physics or related disciplines (physical chemistry or theoretical/computational chemistry)
- Experience as a post doc researcher, in teaching and support of Master and doctoral students
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of German is welcome
- Experience in computer simulations of soft condensed matter constitutes is a strong requirement
- Ability to conduct independent research is a must
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project (if applicable)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 27.10.2020, mentioning reference number 11312.
For further information please contact Likos, Christos +43-1-4277-73230, Wildfellner, Eva +43-1-4277-73231.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.