Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Analytical Chemistry
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Analytical Chemistry
Reference number: 11856
We are pleased to advertise a Postdoc position at the Institute of Analytical Chemistry in the group of Prof. Jürgen Zanghellini. The group combines mathematical modelling and high performance computing with a data science approach in order to decode and understand cellular functions.
You will focus on the development of computational, systems biology methods to analyse the growth of cancer cells and the identification of drug targets.
This position is ideal for an ambitious scientist with a background in computational (systems) biology, bioinformatics, data science and/or mathematics. Additionally we expect active participation in research, teaching and administration. This includes:
- Creating/developing an independent research profile
- Participating in research projects and in scientific studies
- International publishing and speaking
- Applying for grants and funding
- Preparing and finishing a publishable Habilitation (postdoc thesis)
- Teaching as required (according to the collective bargaining agreement)
- Supervision of students
- Participating in performance evaluation and quality assurance measures
- Research, teaching and general administration
- PhD in (computational) systems biology, bio informatics, data science or related subjects
- Good communication and the ability to work in a team
- Strong programming experience, ideally Python or R
- Proven ability to publish in top international journals
- Excellent spoken and written English
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience in constraint-based methods
- Experience in external fundraising
- Teaching experience
We also expect
- Teaching and e-learning experience
- Experience in collaboration at research projects
- Publication record in quality media (peer reviewed dependent on subject)
- Experience giving talks
Letter of motivation
Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
Description of research interests and research agenda
Contact details of people who would provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Mathematics, Computer Sciences
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 21.04.2021, mentioning reference number 11856.
For further information please contact Zanghellini, Jürgen +43-1-4277-52306, Danek, Theodora +43-1-4277-52340.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.