Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 15.01.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
Reference number: 10274
Professor Aspelmeyer’s research group as part of the division Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information investigates quantum effects of nano- and microscale mechanical systems and their implications for the foundations and applications of quantum physics and precision measurement. The START-group of Dr. Kiesel is focused on nanomechanical implementations of quantum thermodynamics. With our highly motivated teams of researchers we conduct successful and internationally recognized research in the field of quantum science. For our further reinforcement, we are looking for a PostDoc to join our group.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree
- Professional competence: Profound expertise in atomic and molecular physics, and in atom-light interactions in optical resonators (cavity QED).
- Methodological competence: The position requires proven extensive research expertise in the field of atomic and molecular physics, particularly quantum state control of light and atoms via free-space or cavity-based light matter interactions.
- Didactic competence: The candidate should also demonstrate documented experience in teaching
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
It is highly desirable that the candidate has a documented track record on research activities in quantum optics, atomic and molecular physics, and other experimental or analytical skills required for a research position in quantum optics.The candidate should also have experience in scientific writing. The successful candidate is expected to carry out experimental research related to the group’s ongoing experiments while also advancing his/her independent research. Specially itis required that the candidate supports, maintains and develops experiments and echnology related to cavity-based quantum control of optically trapped nanoparticles.
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of people who yould provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 12.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10274.
For further information please contact Paulovics, Verena +43-1-4277-51240.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.