Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
Reference number: 11043
Professor Zeilinger’s group Quantum Information and Foundations of Physics as part of Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information at the Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, is an ambitious team that conducts successful and internationally recognized research in the field of quantum physics. For our further reinforcement, we are looking for a University Assistant (Postdoctoral researcher).
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
The position requires experimental research expertise in the field of classical and quantum optics with stress on the information capacity of photons. Candidates with more than one year of postdoctoral experience will be preferred.
The candidate should also have experience in scientific writing. The successful candidate is expected to carry out experimental research related to the group’s ongoing work while also advancing his/her independent research.
Doctoral degree/PhD degree in Physics in the field of experimental Optics.
- Professional competence: Profound knowledge of both classical and quantum experimental techniques.
- Methodological competence: Experience with Quantum Optical experiments with Photons is essential.
- Didactic competence: The candidate should have experience in teaching, student supervision, tutoring and similar activities.
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills: Basic Knowledge of Computer Control of experiments.
- Ability to work in a team
It is highly desireable that the candidate has a strong background in quantum mechanics, statistical optics, and other skills required for a quantum optics group.
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 09.08.2020, mentioning reference number 11043.
For further information please contact Paulovics, Verena +43-1-4277-51240.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.