Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Computational Physics
The University of Vienna (19 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Computational Physics
Reference number: 9370
During the last decades computer simulation has firmly established itself as a third research tool complementing experimental and theoretical investigations.
The Computational Physics Group uses modern computer simulation techniques combined with analytical theory to study a broad range of condensed matter systems with an emphasis on soft matter and the statistical mechanics of equilibrium and non-equilibrium processes. Research topics of current interest also include nanoparticles, phase transitions, chaotic dynamics, as well as hydrodynamics.
The research group of Prof. Dellago in the Computational Physics group is seeking to fill a position for a PhD student. The employment will be for four years starting with the date of employment. The successfull candidate will contribute to research projects of interest to the group and will have the opportunity to work on his or her doctoral thesis. Experience in molecular dynamics and/or Monte Carlo simulations and knowledge of statistical mechanics is expected.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects
- Participation in scientific publications
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- MA in physics
- Experience in the computer simulation of condensed matter systems
- Knowledge of statistical physics and soft matter physics
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificatess
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 24.02.2019, mentioning reference number 9370.
For further information please contact Dellago, Christoph +43-1-4277-51260, Rennhofer, Claudia +43-1-4277-51261.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.