Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Chromosome Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Chromosome Biology
Reference number: 9373
We are looking for a scientific co-worker within the doctoral program Chromosome Dynamics for a temporary employment for 8 months. The applicant will work on the the maintenance of genome stability during C. elegans meiosis.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Contribution to research project regarding the maintenance of genome stability during C. elegans meiosis
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Master in Cell Biology or related fields
- Practical experience in handling the model organism Caenorhabditis elegans and imaging of the C. elegans germline
- Teaching experience
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy (MS-Office; basic knowledge of command-line and R)
- Ability to work in a team
- In-depth knowledge of DNA repair and meiosis in general and especially of the C. elegans germline
- Experience in genetics and advanced imaging
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic experience in academic writing
- Letter of Motivation
- Doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Genetics;Cell biology;Molecular biology
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 16.04.2019, mentioning reference number 9373.
For further information please contact Kurzbauer, Marie-Therese +43-1-4277-56202.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.