University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Chromosome Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.05.2021 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Chromosome Biology
Reference number: 11781
The Center for Molecular Biology (ZMB) was founded in 2007, centralizing all groups of the University of Vienna working in the field of molecular biology. To promote collaborations with the life sciences departments of the Medical University of Vienna, the Max Perutz Labs were founded in 2005. The University of Vienna aims at increasing the number of females in academic and leadership positions, thus qualified females are especially encouraged to apply. Females with equal qualifications will be preferably considered.
We are looking for a scientific co-worker within the Vienna Biocenter PhD Program. Duration of employment: 3 years.
For more detailed information on the advertised position and a personal interview, please contact Prof. Joao Matos (Joao.Matos@univie.ac.at). Application documents: Letter of Motivation, Curriculum vitae, Degree certificates
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Contribution to research project regarding homologous recombination and DNA repair
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective.
- Supervision of BSc and MSc students
- University degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Genetics or related fields
- Successful VBC PhD program Selection or similar international PhD Selection required
- Practical experience in handling the model organism Mus musculus
- Experience in cell biology
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy (MS-Office; Imaging Software)
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic experience in academic writing
Successful completion of the MFPL-PhD-Selection. VBC-PhD-Selection or similar international PhD selection required. High level of written and spoken English - Team oriented.
Main research field
Special research fields
Genetics;Cell biology;Molecular biology
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 11.03.2021, mentioning reference number 11781.
For further information please contact Matos, Joao +43-1-4277-74419, Haberler, Katharina +43-1-4277-56201, Stadler, Rita +43-1-4277-56200.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.