Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Evolutionary Anthropology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.07.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Evolutionary Anthropology
Reference number: 10938
The workgroup "Virtual Anthropology" (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Gerhard Weber) at the Department of Evolutionary
Anthropology focuses on biological variation and evolution of humans, their ancestors, and closest relatives. We use
state-of-the-art technologies such as micro-computed tomography, image segmentation, and 3D shape and form
analysis (geometric morphometrics).
The group is looking for a highly motivated research assistant aiming at a PhD degree working in the area of virtual dental anthropology. We offer excellent working environment in a creative and international team.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Professional competence: university degree (at least a master’s degree or equivalent) in biological anthropology or similar.
- Methodological competence: excellent knowledge of the human anatomy and particularly the morphology and development of the human dentition, experience with volume data, image segmentation, 3D shape and form analysis
- Didactic competence: ability to train under-graduate students in methods
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- Experience with CAD environments, visualization, geometric morphometrics, statistics
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Basic experience in research methods and academic writing
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificatess
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 06.07.2020, mentioning reference number 10938.
For further information please contact Weber, Gerhard +43-1-4277-54777.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.