Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
Reference number: 11145
The Department of Geography and Regional Research in Vienna is the largest and oldest geography department in Austria. It consists of seven working groups, which cover a broad scientific spectrum of the subject (in Human Geography, Physiogeography, Cartography and Geoinformation as well as Didactics of Geography and Economic Education).
- Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies - in particular in the areas soil erosion, connectivity as well as water and sediment budget analyses of catchment systems
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposia
- Participation in project proposals and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Possibility to write a dissertation in the context of a research project (The successful candidate is expected to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.)
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Master’s Degree / Diploma in Geography or in a related field / focus Physical Geography
- Very good knowledge in the research area of soil erosion, connectivity as well as water and sediment budget analysis of catchment systems
- Very good knowledge in methods of field investigations (incl. tracers), remote sensing, GIS, and statistical data analyses
- Didactic competence
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of GIS and statistics software (e.g. ArcGIS and R)
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are:
- Experience in teaching / with e-learning
- Experience in science management
- Experience in acquiring third-party funding
- Foreign experience
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic knowledge in research methods and academic/proposal writing
- Letter of motivation - including research interests
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
- Research concept (for dissertation project)
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 23.08.2020, mentioning reference number 11145.
For further information please contact Pöppl, Ronald +43-1-4277-48653.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.