Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Microbiology, Immunobiology and Genetics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Microbiology, Immunobiology and Genetics
Reference number: 10086
The Center for Molecular Biology (ZMB) was founded in 2007, centralizing all groups of the University of Vienna working in the field of molecular biology. To promote collaborations with the life sciences departments of the Medical University of Vienna, the Max Perutz Labs (MFPL) were founded in 2005.
We are looking for a scientific co-worker within the doctoral program Chromosome Dynamics for a temporary employment for 9 months. The applicant will work on centrosome assembly in C. elegans.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Contribution to research project regarding centrosome assembly in C. elegans
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Master in Molecular Biology or related fields
- Practical experience in handling and imaging of the model organism C. elegans and CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene targeting
- Teaching experience
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy (MS-Office; Imaging Software)
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- In-depth knowledge of centrosome assembly and phase-separated organelles in general and especially in C. elegans
- Experience in genetics and advanced imaging
- Experience with data/image repositories
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic experience in academic writing
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 06.11.2019, mentioning reference number 10086.
For further information please contact Kurzbauer, Marie-Therese +43-1-4277-56202.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.