Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Faculty of Physics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Faculty of Physics
Reference number: 11015
The Isotope Physics group of the Faculty of Physics at the University of Vienna invites applications for the positions of two University Assistants (praedoc/PhD student). The group pursues fundamental and application-oriented research with the Vienna Environmental Research Accelerator (VERA), an internationally leading facility for accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS). We are looking for two prospective PhD students with experience in AMS. You will develop a novel method to make AMS isoptopes measurable for practical applications. A particular interest in ion-laser interaction and ion-molecule reactions is essential.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidates to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Completed Master’s degree or Diploma in Physics or a related subject
- Verifiable ability to run AMS measurements autonomously
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificatess
Main research field
Special research fields
Ion physics;Nuclear physics
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 25.10.2020, mentioning reference number 11015.
For further information please contact email@example.com.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.