Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
Veröffentlicht am(vor 69 Tagen)
The University of Vienna (19 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.03.2020 of a
at the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
Reference number: 9187
We are looking for a visiting professor for the Faculty's key research areas ENVIRONMENT or ANTHROPOSPHERE.
The Ida Pfeiffer Professorship of the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy supports the mission of the Faculty to research on the sustainability of planet Earth. We are looking for a top scientist that can trigger exciting insights and act as a catalyser for the diverse research topics of the Faculty. The visiting professor will have access to The Faculty's state-of-the-art facilities and will be associated with our third mission activities ("Faculty for Exploration"). We are "The Faculty for Exploration", and regard exploration as a scientific adventure. With 5 Bachelor's programs, 10 Master's programs and Doctoral studies in 6 fields we are hosting 3,500 students. Our 28 professorships contribute to four key research areas: COSMOS, EARTH, ENVIRONMENT, ANTHROPOSPHERE.
We are looking for a visiting professor for our key research areas ENVIRONMENT or ANTHROPOSPHERE to contribute valuably in research and teaching (including independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement / supervision of students).
- Doctoral degree / PhD in a subject field relevant to the research areas ENVIRONMENT or ANTHROPOSPHERE, and post-doctoral experience
- Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation, proven success in acquiring third-party funding
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), and to promote young academic colleagues
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proactive, creative, and willing to work in a team
Application documents (in English):
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Lists of publications, talks given, acquired third-party funds
- Overview of previous academic teaching
- Copies of certificates
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 28.02.2019, mentioning reference number 9187.
For further information please contact Glade, Thomas +43-1-4277-48650.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.