For over ten years, Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences
in the Lower Rhine region of Germany has provided an innovative, interdisciplinary and international education to young minds from around the world. We offer a total of 36 undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in four multidisciplinary faculties: Technology and Bionics, Life Sciences, Society and Economics, and Communication and Environment. Our scientifically-oriented degree programmes combine an applied academic approach with a broad international scope, resulting in a high-quality education and teaching and research with significant real-world relevance. 75% of our degree programmes are taught in English. Over 7,300 students from 122 different countries are currently pursuing a degree in our uniquely international and intercultural learning community. International collaboration is a strength of ours, visible in our active network of more than 90 partner universities in 38 countries. We are connected to the broader world, but also deeply rooted in its Dutch-German EUREGIO region as well.
The Faculty of Life Sciences focuses on natural science competences. The diversity of subjects includes areas such as biotechnology, nutrition, health, agriculture, food, sustainability, quality management and the environment and offers an interdisciplinary platform for a first professional qualification after the Bachelor's degree as well as research-oriented training in the Master's area. Our modern facilities create excellent conditions for students, teachers and researchers. The faculty builds on the successful cooperation among colleagues, which is characterised by mutual respect, openness and good scientific practice.
Join our team and help strengthen our university in the Faculty of Life Sciences, Kleve Campus, on October 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible as
Research Associate (m/f/d) Agribusiness
German TV-L pay scale level EG 11 | initially fixed-term contract for 3 years (subject to project approval) according to § 14 Abs. 1 S. 2 Nr. 3 | full-time
Reference number 13/F2/22
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Preparation, implementation and follow-up of academic teaching activities mainly in our English-taught programs "B.A. Agribusiness", "B.Sc. Sustainable Agriculture" and "M.Sc. Biological Resources"
- Supervising students during their field trips, projects and theses
- Participation in research projects and assistance in data analysis
- Support in the development of teaching materials and case studies in close collaboration with local businesses
- Support in administrative affairs related to the study program
- The management of IT and video laboratories
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Above average university degree in agricultural economics or related disciplines
- Analytical skills and familiarity with quantitative statistical methods and simulations, including any relevant software
- Practical experience with methods of empirical social research
- Work experience in the agribusiness sector is of advantage
- High autonomy, responsibility and team spirit
- Very good English and German skills
- Passionate to work with international students and in an intercultural environment
Diversity | Internationality | Certified as a family-friendly university | mobile working as well as home office | University sports | Active break | Collegial, open working atmosphere| Exciting and varied range of tasks | Personal responsibility and creative freedom | opportunities for personal and professional development
Part-time employment is also possible for this position.
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is committed to the professional development and advancement of women. Female candidates are expressly welcomed and encouraged to apply. In accordance with the Gender Equality Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz NRW), in cases of equal suitability, aptitude and professional experience, female candidates shall be given preferential consideration over male candidates for vacancies in areas with proportionally fewer female employees, provided there are no specific, overriding reasons for giving preference to a specific male candidate.
In the event of equal suitability, preferential consideration will also be given to disabled candidates or candidates recognised as such by virtue of Section 2 (3) of the German Code of Social Law, Book IX (SGB IX).
Please submit your application through the following link: https://www.hochschule-rhein-waal.de/en/vacancies
and add the usual application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, diplomas, job references, proof of qualifications and, if applicable, proof of severe disability) in a single PDF file.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION BY NO LATER THAN 17.07.2022
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Ms Jäger at Tel. +49(0)2821 80673-654.