Many well-renowned universities and research institutes in the areas of immunity and infection biology cooperate in the ZIBI Graduate School Berlin. »
The ZIBI program brings together biologists, physicians, veterinarians, biophysicists and other researchers from the disciplines of virology, bacteriology, parasitology and immunology. »
The ZIBI curriculum is custom-tailored to the needs of each individual student for their scientific and personal development. »
Requirements for admission to the program
- Doctoral program: Applicants must hold a Master, a German Diploma or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, chemistry, or related subjects.
- Preparatory program: In rare instances we accept applicants holding a Bachelor degree (4 years of study including a thesis).
Assessment of candidates
- Selection: Applications will be reviewed by faculty members of the Graduate School. Candidates will be selected for an interview based on academic qualifications, motivation, suitability to the program and referee's evaluations. We may contact applicants or referees by phone for preliminary assessment.
- Interview: Applicants who are short-listed will be invited to attend the final admission assessment in Berlin. During the assessment center applicants will be introduced to the different research groups, interviewed by faculty members and are asked to give a short presentation of their scientific work. Travel expenses as well as the accommodation will be covered.
- Notification of acceptance: Notification of acceptance will be as soon as possible, the latest 4 weeks after the assessment center. The projects will start in agreement between the candidate and the future supervisor.
How to apply
You can only apply online!
Any other type of application by mail or e-mail will be rejected. The online application form must be completed in English.
For detailed information about the application process and required documents please first read carefully the following information on our program website»
The online application includes a field "Research Interest". We asked you to choose 3 different research groups you would like to join. For groups with currently open positions you can find a description of the research topics in the "Projects" section of our website.