The University Hospital Würzburg
in cooperation with the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and
Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute
- (HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de
) offers a
Doctoral Researcher Position (Molecular Biology)
for three years.
The focus of the offered position is the functional characterization of newly identified human and fungal biomarkers: a)
for diagnosis of fungal infection and b) to support therapy decisions. The PhD project contains molecular biological, as
well as cell-biological work and expects large cooperation with bioinformaticians and medical researchers.
- a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Life Sciences (Biology, Veterinary or Human Medicine). Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- desirable methodological skills: Solid background in standard techniques of molecular biology, microbiology and cell biology. Knowledge of qPCR/Northern
analyses and hands-on experience in fluorescence microscopy, cell culture techniques are advantageous.
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research team
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- very good communication skills in English
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- access to samples and data from patients creating a highly motivating working atmosphere
- Würzburg - a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene
- a salary according to TV-L salary agreement for public service employees (E13, 65%).
The doctoral researcher positions at the University Hospital Würzburg are available from January 2017. The University Hospital Würzburg
and HKI are equal opportunity employers. Disabled persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
Prof. Jürgen Löffler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jörg Linde, email@example.com
Complete applications in English or German should include a letter of interest, detailed CV, all important certificates, and at
least two references from previous work/study and should be submitted by 30.11.2016 via