Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
>> Internship Translation
Start: as soon as possible
Office: Berlin or Munich -fulltime
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Translation of an online decision-making tool and supplemental info material that provides general orientation in the German education system for adult refugees and newcomers as well as volunteers/ professionals working with the target group (language level: intermediate)
- Experience working collaboratively online with Markdown/Gitlab-Technology
- Working with the Student Support Team in the development and implementation of online guidance counseling services to provide orientation for (prospective) students
Your set of skills
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus on translation, language studies or similar (min. 3 semesters)
- You have the necessary language proficiency in German and English; Arabic language skills as well as experience in communicating with the target group are a plus
- You are a self-starter, proactive and like to work independently
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- The opportunity to manage your own project that will reach a wide audience
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- An insight into the department of Student Support
- Flexible working hours at our attractive office locations in the center of Berlin or Munich
- Investment in you: regular team building and workshops
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Intern_Translator”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability and availability (maximum duration of internship and start date) in English or German in a single PDF file to:
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) for enrolled students.