Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Post-doctoral Researcher (f/m/d) in the "Stem Cell Differentiation and Cytogenetics Group"
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
Post-doctoral Researcher in the “Stem Cell Differentiation and Cytogenetics Group” (m/f/d)
The candidate will coordinate and pursue an independent project using cerebral organoids and tumor (glioblastoma) organoids to identify and evaluate molecular mechanisms of radiation therapy effects on pediatric/adult glioblastomas. Supervision of students and technical assistants, publishing of data and acquisition of third party funding will be part of the active contribution to the research activities of the group. The planned tasks comprise:
• Engineering novel organoid systems representing normal and cancer tissues of interest for cancer therapy
• Planning and performing experiments on the response of organoids to low and high-doses radiation
• PhD degree in Biology or Biotechnology
• Wide knowledge of the most advanced molecular biology techniques, specifically gene editing using CRISPR/Cas, Sleeping Beauty Transposition and/or TALEN
• Demonstrated experience in all the biology techniques typically used in cell culture laboratory, specifically in stem cell biology and/or organoids
• Knowledge/ interest in ion radiobiology, especially in radiobiology experiments at high-energy particle accelerators
• Preferably, demonstrated experience in different laboratories with supervision of students
• Fluent in English language; German language is favourable
Working in an innovative, interdisciplinary and excellently equipped research group that is world leading in several fields of research. The position is initially limited for two years. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund). GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position. Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified. For further information, please contact. Dr. Insa Schröder via telephone: +49(0)6159/71-1674 or email:
If you find this position interesting, please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the reference number 20.66-1550 above to the following address by November 20, 2020 to