The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) is a vibrant and dynamic institution that is dedicated to providing top-quality education to students from all around the world. Our programmes are delivered in English and/or German language, and with more than 100 nationalities represented on campus, we are proud to have one of the most diverse student bodies in Europe. Our campus locations in Berlin, Potsdam, Hamburg, Iserlohn, and Dubai (UAE) provide a truly international experience for our students and staff alike.
At UE, we are more than just a university – we are a family and we believe our employees are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. As part of the Global University Systems (GUS) network, we offer a wide range of professional development opportunities, including bachelor's and master's degree programs, language courses, and executive education. With approximately 87,000 students across 57 locations worldwide, GUS provides an unparalleled international network for learning and collaboration.
If you are passionate about education and want to join a dynamic and innovative institution that values diversity, quality teaching, and its people, then we invite you to join our UE family today.
UE is currently launching a campus in Dubai, UAE. For our design department we are looking for a new colleague starting September 2023, who shares our vision of excellence in education and who is committed to making a difference in the lives of our students and staff.
Professor for Visual and Experience Design (m, f, d)
You will join existing staff as Professor and Program Leader at the new Dubai campus of UE. You will deliver modules in creative, conceptual and practical design areas to Visual & Experience Design students and other modules in subject areas. As role holder you will have up-to-date industry experience and contribute to the school's active research, enterprise and knowledge exchange activities. Additionally, you will be in charge of managing the program including the selection of adjunct faculty. Moreover, you will support the university in teaching, research, outreach and academic administration.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and deliver modules across a range of digital media, UX/UI design and digital arts subject areas
- Coordinate and manage a team of external lecturers to deliver module contents
- Prepare content and lesson plans for module delivery
- Manage digital design and arts output of projects within the school, both within the curriculum and in extra-curricular activity approved by the school
- Supervise and/or advise on thesis projects
- Teaching fundamental modules on visual and interactive design
Requirements for professorship:
- Completed university studies
- Proof of extraordinary qualifications for artistic work related to the field of the professorship demonstrated by e.g. outstanding work samples, peer evaluations, publications, awards and recognitions
- Qualified professional experience in the field of the professorship, at least three years, two of them outside of a university
- Several years of teaching experience at universities
- Proficient working knowledge of digital media related software, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, digital prototype development platforms Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Past experience in teaching creative design processes for digital design students.
- Knowledge of design management and practical opportunities for aspiring designers.
- Expert level of verbal and written communication skills in English
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively in the university.
- Experience or willingness in developing practice-based research/applied research
- Exhibition/show planning and execution
- Experience of working successfully in a commercial design studio or freelance, awareness of contemporary design debates, and engagement with design industry professional and/or research bodies
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a great team in a dynamic and international environment
- Preventive and aftercare health care options
- 30 days of vacation
- Various online language courses and opportunities to participate in online collaboration courses (e.g., IBM Design Thinking)
- Numerous campus events from the fields of art, culture, business and science
- Opportunity to develop and implement new ideas and concept
- Employee benefits and discounts at www.mitarbeiterangebote.de
- Discounts for your family members to study at UE
Then we look forward to receiving your application!
The hiring requirements for professorship are based on the provisions of §41 of the university law of the Federal State of Brandenburg/Germany. The award of the title Professor by the University of Europe for Applied Sciences is contingent on the approval of the Ministry of Science, Research, and Culture of the Federal State of Brandenburg/Germany.
We need the following documents to review your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Comprehensive list of publications, work samples, etc.
- Overview of courses given to date (scope, topic) as well as teaching evaluations
- Work certificates/professional references
Please email the application to: email@example.com before 01.06.2023
The university aims to increase the proportion of women among its employees. Therefore, we expressly invite women with a suitable profile to apply. As an employer, we are committed to equal opportunity and support for minorities. We do not discriminate based on ethnic origin, skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or legally protected status.