Visual Design and Presentation
The German University in Cairo - GUC (Cairo Campus)
Architecture and Urban Design Program
Department of Visual Design
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled at the beginning or during the academic year 2017/2018.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program.
The GUC architecture school has been founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo,
the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be expected
to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities, and contribute to shaping this young architecture
and urban design program. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching in:
- Visual Design
- Spatial Design
- CAD/CAM (computer aided design, computer aided modeling)
- Design Studio and elective (Graduate Program)
The field of Visual Design and Presentation is responsible for introducing the basic equipment, media, techniques and principles of graphic
communication, as well as basics of visual design, spatial perception and spatial studies, advanced architectural drawing techniques, rendering
and visualization, promoting/fostering aesthetic positions in architectural design, reinforcing design fundamentals, where students can experiment
and explore several ideas related to two and three-dimensional forms.
- Candidates should hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. in the field of visual design or equivalent practical and teaching experience. The language of teaching is English.
- Commitment to engage in interdisciplinary studies, research and collaboration with academies of arts
- Visual Design: Image processing, layout and vector-based illustration programs (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator). Experience and demonstrated interest in interactive media are desirable.
- CAD/CAM: Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit; 3D modeling software like, 3D max, Rhino or sketch-up, Rendering engines like Vray or Lumion, Computation plugins or
scripting languages such as Grasshopper for Rhino, Python , C++
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of
Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts,
State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo,
the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities
of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC's mission is to achieve excellence in
teaching and research.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and
teaching interests, samples of design work and publications and the names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted
online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/
by referencing posting: # ref. Die-Zeit. Arch - II6.4.5
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, kindly submit your application by May 15th, 2017.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department